Bethany Conservation Commission
Sep. 10, 2015
- The meeting was called to order at 8:10 by Bruce Loomis. Also in attendance were Brian Eitzer, Cathy Rives, Matt Popp and Patsy Winer. Absent were Shaukat Kahn, Dorothy Seaton.
- Patsy Winer and Matt Popp were appointed as voting members for this meeting.
- Patsy nominated and Matt seconded Bruce to be Chairman of the Commission for the 2015-2016 year. No other nominees, Bruce was unanimously voted in.
- The minutes Aug. 13, 2015 meeting were tabled as there were not sufficient members present who were also at that meeting.
- No bills, but correspondence from CACIWC was received stating that it is time to pay their dues. Bruce moved, Patsy seconded a motion to “Authorize the clerk for the Inland Wetlands to complete the joint membership dues for the Inland Wetland Commission and the Conservation Commission to CACIWC with a charge of up to $75.00 from the Conservation Commission’s budget for this year”. The motion passed unanimously.
- No new information on the Mesa Drive application.
- There was a discussion about the possible plans of the Woodhaven Country Club to seek use of the golf course as open space for a possible cluster development. The commission decided to wait for a formal proposal before making any plans to walk the property. These plans may be discussed at the Oct. 7 Planning and Zoning meeting and all were asked about attending.
- There was a discussion of the zoning regulations which are under revision. Cathy moved and Brian seconded a motion that the Conservation Commission strongly urges the Planning and Zoning Commission to enact regulations excluding steep slopes from the buildable lot size. The motion was passed unanimously. Bruce will write a letter to the Planning and Zoning Commission to inform them of our views.
- There was a discussion about the plans of the Heart of Bethany group to bring back Rid Litter Day. This event will occur sometime around Earth Day 2016. Patsy moved and Matt seconded that the Conservation Commission endorse the plan to have this day in the Spring. The motion passed unanimously.
- Matt moved and Patsy seconded a motion to adjourn at 9:00. The motion passed.