MINUTES OF THE BETHANY INLAND WETLANDS COMMISSION SPECIAL MEETING OF TUESDAY, MAY 19, 2009 Page 1 of 2The special meeting of the Inland Wetlands Commission was called to order at 7:50 p.m. in the Commission Meeting Room of the Bethany Town Hall, 40 Peck Road, Bethany, Connecticut.
The following members of the Commission were present:
Patricia McGregor, Chairman, who arrived at 8:34 p.m.
Alexandra Breslin, Vice-Chairman
Jon Painter, Member
Kristine Sullivan, Alternate Member
The following members of the Commission were absent:
Jack Ellison, Member
John Kane, Member
Also present were:
Isabel Kearns, Inland Wetlands Enforcement Officer
Karen Walton, Land Use Assistant
The purpose of the special meeting was to review, discuss and take appropriate action regarding updating the existing Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Regulations of the Commission.
Using the model regulations formulated by the State Department of Environmental Protection and the adopted regulations from the Town of Woodbridge, Commission members commented and made revisions as follows:
1) Use Woodbridge’s regulations as a starting point
2) Sect. 7.5 (h) delete requirement for “return receipt” mailing
3) Sect. 7.5 (n) Add a new provision giving us flexibility to waive application requirements based on language in our existing regulations
4) Sect. 2 – Definitions “Regulated activity” Change upland review area from 100’ to 150’
5) Isabel Kearns, IW Agent, is going to get language from Oxford P&Z regulations for us to adapt in a statement regarding submission of digital wetlands delineations performed by Soil Scientist. To be included in Section 3 or in Section 7.5 as a conditional Application Requirement?
6) Include DEP Guide to Upland Review as appendix to regulations
The Commission will discuss the proposed regulations further at the next regular meeting scheduled for May 26, 2009.
There being no further business to come before the Commission, it was the consensus of the Commission to adjourn at 9:28 p.m.
Antonia Marek, Clerk
For the Inland Wetlands Commission