MINUTES OF THE BETHANY PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISION REGULAR MEETING OF JANUARY 2, 2019 Page 1 of 4
The following Commission Members were present:
Kimberly McClure Brinton, Chair
Michael Calhoun, Vice-Chair
Donna Shea, Member/Secretary
Bob Harrison, Member
Alex Hutchinson, Member
Brad Buchta, Alternate Member
Carol Lambiase, Alternate Member
The following Commission Member was absent:
Eric McDonald, Alternate Member
Also present were:
Hiram Peck, Planning Consultant
Isabel Kearns, Zoning Enforcement Officer
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. It was moved by Calhoun and seconded by Shea to approve the payment of $1,200.00 (monthly pro rata basis), for services rendered for December 2018, by Hiram W. Peck III, AICP, Planning Consultant.
1) Letter from Isabel Kearns, ZEO, to Peter Kaminski/Julianne Stach of 41 Green Hill Road, dated December 5, 2018, Re: Notice of Violation, 41 Green Hill Road, trespass lighting.
2) Letter from Isabel Kearns, ZEO, to John Ellison of 55 Green Hill Road, dated December 6, 2018, Re: Final Notice of Violation, Accessory Apartment above Garage, 55 Green Hill Road.
1) 6 Sargent Drive, Application #2019-001 submitted by Bethany Mart for Window Signage –
No one was present for this application.
Isabel Kearns, ZEO, stated that more information is needed on size of windows and amount of signage requested. Also, Ms. Kearns stated there is no Quinnipiack Valley Health District approval at this time.
Further discussion and appropriate action on the application was deferred until the Commission’s next Regular Meeting scheduled for February 6, 2019. It was moved by Calhoun and seconded by Shea to table this application. Tabled.
2) 135 Pole Hill Road, Application 2019-002 submitted by Jeremy Shulick to locate a farm stand (5’ by 10’) and located temporary tents for seasonal use (2 tents – 18’ by 20’) –
No one was present for this application.
Isabel Kearns, ZEO, stated that she has received complaints from neighbors and that the property owner would like to come into compliance. Also, Ms. Kearns stated there is no Quinnipiack Valley Health District approval at this time.
Commission members would like more information as to how long tents will be up and the distance from road to the tents. Ms. Kearns will obtain requested information for the next meeting.
Further discussion and appropriate action on the application was deferred until the Commission’s next Regular Meeting scheduled for February 6, 2019. It was moved by Calhoun and seconded by Harrison to table this application. Tabled.
3) 667 Amity Road, CFC Park, Status Update –
Isabel Kearns, ZEO, stated that there is an erosion control breach at property and that she spoke with Matt Micros and he has someone coming tomorrow to fix that.
Commission members asked about the planting that was supposed to have taken place.
Hiram Peck, Planning Consultant, suggested inviting CFC to the next regular meeting for an update on the site.
Kevin McSherry, Town Attorney, will prepare a letter to CFC requesting a construction sequence to find out how they will complete the work that has not been completed and that the site needs to be stable. Also, he will recommend they come to next meeting for update on property.
The Commission would like to conduct another site walk while still holding the bond.
1. 32 Hatfield Hill Road, Application #2018-026 submitted by Montanna Sage Equine LLC for a Special Exception Permit for a riding arena and boarding stable –
Present for this application was Montanna, Melissa and Tom Lambrecht.
Isabel Kearns, ZEO, stated the applicant, Montanna Lambrecht, needs to amend the application to 12 horses boarding. Ms. Lambrecht amended the application
Ms. Lambrecht noted that she would like to teach riding lessons and training horses and that she is working with the Quinnipiack Valley Health District.
2. Continue discussion with Dr. Gale Ridge of the Bethany “Environment” Committee regarding Wind Study at Airport and “Sustainable CT” – Remove from agenda.
3. Continue discussion regarding draft Zoning Regulations – Special Meeting scheduled for January 16, 2019.
Mr. Peck stated he will have full draft completed before special meeting on January 16th.
ZONING ENFORCEMENT OFFICER’S REPORT –
Isabel Kearns, ZEO, submitted the following:
· Building Permits, dated December 4, 2018 to December 21, 2018.
· Site Inspections dated December 6, 2018, to December 14, 2018.
Antonia R. Marek, Clerk
for the Planning and Zoning Commission