MINUTES OF THE BETHANY PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION REGULAR MEETING OF WEDNESDAY, January 8, 2020 Page 1 of 4
The following Commission Members were present:
Bob Harrison, Vice-Chairman – Acting as Chairman
Donna Shea, Member/Secretary
Alex Hutchinson, Member
Rob White, Member
Brad Buchta, Alternate Member, seated as a voting member.
Andy Zielinski, Alternate Member
The following Commission Member was excused:
Kimberly McClure Brinton, Chairman
Also present were:
Hiram Peck, Planning Consultant
Isabel Kearns, Zoning Enforcement Officer
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
· Page 4: Reads, Is there connection between the solar system and septic system? Suggestion by Hiram to “approve(d)” pending QVHD approvals. Changed to “approve”.
· Page 5: Reads: Should a house be built “nest” to the solar array, a screened fencing will be provided if requested. Changed to “next”.
1. It was moved by Buchta and seconded by Shea to approve the payment of $1,200.00 (monthly pro rata basis), for services rendered for December 2019, by Hiram W. Peck III, AICP, Planning Consultant.
1) Letter from Isabel Kearns, ZEO, to Mr. Ernest Trowbridge of 77 Cheshire Road, dated December 13, 2019, Re: Notice of Violation at 77 Cheshire Road.
2) Letter from Isabel Kearns, ZEO, to Mr. & Mrs. James Codoret of 44 Old Fairwood Road, dated December 16, 2019, Re: Closing case for the removal of discarded debris from end of driveway at 44 Old Fairwood Road.
3) Emailed Letter from Gary Capitano, VP at Borghesi Building & Eng. Co, Inc. dated January 8, 2020, Re: Green Light Auto Zoning at 9 Russell Road.
Unanimous approval. Buchta Abstained.
Ø Discussion regarding filing vacancy on Planning and Zoning Commission for an Alternate Member.
o Present was Brett Pallotto to be considered as an alternate Planning and Zoning Commission Member.
o Brad Buchta, Alternate Commission Member will appoint and have Brett Pallotto be sworn in at the February 5, 2020 meeting to allow him to seat as an appointed alternate member at the same meeting.
Ø 9 Russell Road – B&I, submitted by Gary Capitanio of Borghesi Building & Eng. Co, Inc for preliminary discussion regarding Green Light Auto (Dave Logue) development on 9 Russell Road.
Present to speak on behalf of Green Light Auto (Mr. Dave Logue) was Gary Capitanio, VP of Borghesi Building & Eng. Co, Inc.
o Addressed to the commission about the allotted setbacks requirements for storage and display of vehicles’ merchandise, per concern to being far beyond the property’s setbacks and much closer to the road.
o The Commission asked Mr. Capitanio, what was Mr. Logue’s proposal regarding the display of the vehicles on the aforementioned property?
o Hiram and the Commission requested to bring to the next meeting, February 5, 2020, a conceptual sketched plan, displaying all vehicles location referencing where they will be displayed on 9 Russell Road.
o The Commission also requested a narrative of what will be happening on the site and to make sure that all plans are to be in accordance to QVHD’s proposed requirements.
o The Commission emphasized that they must meet the 30% of the lot area allowed as per the regulations.
Amended - Page 2: Reads, The Commission emphasized that they must meet the 30% of the lot area allowed as per the regulations. Change to: The Commission identified that for Business and Industrial Regulations, 30% can be dedicated to outdoor storage.
1) 43 and 51 Russell Road, Application #2019-010 submitted by Bill and Wendy Grieger for a Special Exception Permit for outside storage of port-o-lets and heavy equipment for snow plowing. Tabled.
2) 43 AND 51 Russell Road – B&I, Application #2019-012 submitted by Bill and Wendy Grieger for Site Plan Approval.
o Site plan was found to be deficient on providing the exact storage location.
o The Commission will wait for Hiram and Town’s Attorney as per what will be acceptable as a resolution for the on the site storage of the port –o-lets.
o Hiram Peck in collaboration with the Town’s Attorney will work a resolution for the applicant, outlining the Commission’s action. Tabled.
3) Draft Zoning Regulations – Public hearing scheduled for Wednesday, January 15, 2020, in the Gymnasium of the Bethany Town Hall at 7:00 p.m.
ZONING ENFORCEMENT OFFICER’S REPORT –
Isabel Kearns, ZEO, submitted the following reports:
· Building Permits, dated December 3, 2019 to December 19, 2019.
· Site Visits, dated December 16, 2019
Voting for: Shea, Harrison, Hutchinson, White, Buchta.
Lina V. Frazer, Clerk
For the Planning and Zoning Commission