MINUTES OF THE BETHANY INLAND WETLANDS COMMISSION
REGULAR MEETING OF TUESDAY, MAY 26, 2009 Page 1 of The regular meeting of the Inland Wetlands Commission was called to order at ______ p.m. in the Commission Meeting Room of the Bethany Town Hall, 40 Peck Road, Bethany, Connecticut.
The following members of the Commission were present:
Patricia McGregor, Chairman
Alexandra Breslin, Vice-Chairman
John Kane, Member
Jon Painter, Member
Jack Ellison, Member
Kristine Sullivan, Alternate Member
The following members of the Commission were absent:
Also present were:
Isabel Kearns, Inland Wetlands Enforcement Officer
Karen Walton, Land Use Assistant
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. It was moved by ________ and seconded by _______ to approve, as submitted, the minutes of the March 23, 2009, Regular Meeting.
2. It was moved by ______ and seconded by ________ to approve, as submitted, the minutes of the April 11, 2009, Special Meeting/Site Visit.
3. It was moved by _______ and seconded by _______ to approve, as submitted, the minutes of the April 27, 2009, Regular Meeting.
1. Letter from Isabel Kearns, IW Agent, to Mary Ellen Unger of 82 Russell Road, dated May 5, 2009, Re: Notice of Violation, creation of trails within the conservation area, 82 Russell Road.
2. Letter from RWA dated May 21, 2009, Re: Review of application for 523 Carrington Road, Three-lot subdivision.
3. Letter from DTC dated May 26, 2009, Re: Review of revised plans dated April 29, 2009, for 523 Carrington Road, Woodland Farm Resubdivision.
4. Letter from RWA dated May 18, 2009, Re: Review of application for 212 Fairwood Road, addition on porch and deck on single family dwelling.
5. Letter form The Connecticut Land Conservation Council, dated April 2009, Re: Requesting financial support for 2009.
1. Edwards Road, Application #1126 submitted by Connwood Foresters, Inc./Connecticut Water Company for an IW Permit for a temporary intermittent stream crossing – Present for this application was
The Commission received the application.
2. 82 Russell Road (Mary Ellen Unger), Letter of Violation dated May 5, 2009, Trail in vicinity of the proposed barn within the conservation area –
3. 184 Sperry Road (Liz Doering), Discuaaion pertaining to jurisdictional ruling for proposed grading in backyard –
1. 523 Carrington Road (Woodlot Farm), Application #1119 submitted by John Paul Garcia for an IW Permit for a Three-Lot Resubdivision – Present for this application was John Paul Garcia, P.E./L.S., applicant. Some of the Commission members conducted a site visit on April 11, 2009. The Commission would like the applicant to access the lots with one common driveway for safety reasons and to eliminate extra runoff. Mr. Garcia reviewed with the Commission the letter from Diversified Technology Consultants, dated April 24, 2009. Mr. Garcia will revise the plans and resubmit them to DTC for comments. Tabled.
2. 212 Fairwood Road, Application #1124 submitted by Nancy Monocchi for a Site Plan to extend the existing sun porch/accessory building – No one was present for this application.
The Commission received the application. The Commission reviewed the application with the IWEO. The Commission authorized the IWEO to work with the applicant and supervise the proposed activity before the permit is issued. Tabled.
3. 171 Amity Road, Application #1125 submitted by The Learning Collaborative – Gina McCaffrey) for a Site Plan to construct fire escapes, sidewalks, generator pad and apron – Present for this application was Gina McCaffrey, applicant and owner of record. The Commission received the application. Ms. McCaffrey reviewed with the Commission the proposed activity. The Commission was concerned with the runoff from the roof in the back of the building on the southwest corner of the property travelling down slope into the wetlands. The applicant will work with the IWEO to direct the position of the runoff to stop any erosion. The IWEO will report back to the Commission at the next regular meeting. Tabled.
4. 268 Wooding Hill Road, Reconvene “Show Cause” Hearing pertaining to the Cease and Desist Order issued to Mr. and Mrs. Bruce Hitchcock of 268 Wooding Hill Road, dated October 5, 2007 – Tabled.
5. 270 Wooding Hill Road, Reconvene “Show Cause” Hearing pertaining to the Cease and Desist Order issued to William Palmieri and Kathryn Sylvester of 270 Wooding Hill Road, dated October 5, 2007 – Tabled.
6. 185 Fairwood Road, Reconvene “Show Cause” Hearing pertaining to the Cease & Restore Order Issued to William Grieger, dated May 1, 2007 – Tabled.
7. 185 Beacon Road, Reconvene “Show Cause” Hearing pertaining to the Cease and Restore Order Issued to Daniel Cusano, dated June 20, 2006 – Tabled.
8. 27 Hamilton Drive, Reconvene “Show Cause” Hearing pertaining to the order to Cease Activity Issued to Daniel Dinas and Angela Cunha, dated May 9, 2006 – Tabled.
9. Continue review and adoption process for the new Inland Wetlands Regulations (Adopt new Inland Wetlands Regulations at the same time as proposed Stormwater Regulations.) – The Commission scheduled a Special Meeting for Tuesday, May 19, 2009, at 7:30 p.m. in the Commission Meeting Room of the Bethany Town Hall. Tabled.
It was moved by ________ and seconded by ________ to adjourn the regular meeting at ______ p.m.
Antonia R. Marek, Clerk
for the Inland Wetlands Commission