DISTRICT ANIMAL CONTROL
Serving the Towns of Bethany – Orange - Woodbridge
Phone @203) 389-5991
135 Bradley Road
Woodbridge, CT 06525
Approved Minutes for DAC Board Meeting May 14, 2009
Present: James Zeoli, Fred Dray, Joseph Hellauer, Cheryl Lipson, Joan Blaskey, Brian Laubstein, DVM, Pamela Andreson, Clerk
Staff: Paul Niedmann, Mary Culmo, Dottie Bedan
Public: Bridget Albert, Jeanine Russo, Margie Schenk, Tom Hunt, Judy Umstead
1) Meeting was called to order by Chairperson Zeoli at 7:33 PM.
2) Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
4) Public Participation: No Public Participation.
5) Review and approval of March 25, meeting. Lipson had some corrections for the minutes. Hellauer/Blaskey made motion to approve minutes as corrected. All in favor.
Review and approval of April 16, 2009. Lipson requested that the hours of operation be added. Hellauer/Dray made motion to approve minutes as corrected. Zeoli, Hellauer, Dray and Blaskey approved. Lipson and Laubstein abstained.
6) Census – Paul Neidmann: Total intake, 14 animals. Five redeemed, 1 sold as pet, 1 euthanized. One animal carried over, and is to go to the Simon Foundation. Complaints investigated – 120. One animal bite.
7) Lead ACO report – Paul Neidmann: Paul straightened out sheds. There has been an increase of dumped dogs especially in Orange and Bethany.
8) Treasurer's Report – Joe Hellauer: Checking account has $5,057.90. Money Market account has $23,325.92. Total $28,383.82. Payroll journal report – Medical expenses were $2200 per month. Since changing insurance companies, expenses are now $1,533 per month.
9) Chairman's Report – Jim Zeoli:
· Clean-up and plant flowers at the shelter. Zeoli will provide flowers, if Lipson would find someone to plant them.
· Waiver letter to release donor of Kayak/canoe rescue boat of any responsibility should anything happen to DAC personnel.
· Repair metal back door. Woodbridge maintenance has information on repair or replacement of door.
· Feral cat medical expenses - previously paid for by Priscilla Shummerick who passed away. Judy Rettig's foundation may continue to pay for care. Lipson stated that AARF may be able to help.
10) Blaskey tried to find an employee evaluation form. She found one, which she revised and gave to Niedmann for input. Niedmann to bring back to June meeting for approval. Bethany website – Blaskey left word for Ann Klatskin to update DAC portion of website.
11) Nomination for position of Chairperson – Hellauer/Lipson made a motion to nominate Blaskey. Unanimous approval.
12) Hellauer/Blaskey made motion to go into executive session at 8:35PM, per Niedmann's request, to discuss personnel and equipment usage. Culmo and Neidmann invited into executive session. Unanimous approval.
13) Hellauer/ Dray made motion to return to regular session at 9:05 PM. No motions made and no actions taken during executive session.
14) Hellauer/Dray made a motion to adjourn at 9:06 PM. All in favor.
Pamela Andreson Approved May 14, 2009