DISTRICT ANIMAL CONTROL
Serving the Towns of Bethany – Orange - Woodbridge
Phone @203) 389-5991
135 Bradley Road
Woodbridge, CT 06525
Unapproved Minutes for DAC Board Meeting February 10, 2011
Present: Joan Blaskey, Joseph Hellauer, Cheryl Lipson, Brian Laubstein, DVM, James Zeoli,
Pamela Andreson, Clerk
Absent: Fred Dray
Guests: Margie Schenk, Terri Miles
Saff: Paul Niedmann, Dave Dorso, Gail Evanko, Dottie Bedan, Karen Lombardi
1) Meeting was called to order by Chairperson Blaskey at 7:35 PM.
2) Pledge Of Allegiance was recited.
4) Public Participation: No public participation.
5) Blaskey started the meeting by congratulating Lipson for receiving the Red Cross Award for her
work with AARF.
6) Review and approval of January 13, 2011 meeting. Motion by Zeoli/Hellauer to accept minutes.
Four approved, 1 abstained.
7) Census – Paul Niedmann: For the month of January, total animals redeemed were 4, 3 sold as
pets, 1 euthanized. In Woodbridge, 2 cats and 2 dogs were picked up. There were 23 calls which
required response and 6 handled by phone. In Bethany, 1 cat and 4 dogs were picked up. There
were 29 calls investigated, 8 calls were handled by phone. In Orange, 1 cat and 1 dog were
picked up. There were 21 calls that required response, 15 callswere handled by phone. Blaskey
asked for a report that could be printed in the paper to let the public know what DAC does and to
include things that AARF does for DAC. Karen Lombardi was introduced as a new per diem
employee. New Commissioner is Steven Reviczky.
8) Treasurer's Report – Joseph Hellauer: Correction was made on the 2nd page, Money Market
funds were transferred to checking account. Vet bill for cat that was adopted by Ryan Sheehy
will be investigated by Hellauer. Laubstein noticed a discrepancy in the month to date
expenditures. Hellauer will have Genovese make the correction. Motion to accept treasurer's
report by Lipson/Laubstein. Unanimous approval.
9) Chairperson's Report – Blaskey was informed by First Selectman, Ed Sheehy of Woodbridge,
that he received a letter from Dr. Nanavati requesting a citation for all he has done for DAC and
would like it to be in the paper. The budget committee, comprised of Zeoli, Blaskey and Lipson,
and will present a budget at the March meeting. The budget will reflect running the facility with
all three towns. Niedmann presented an on-call schedule to the board.
10)Motion to go into executive session by Lipson/Laubstein at 8:00PM to discuss personnel issues.
Lombardi and Niedmann were invited to join executive session. All in favor.
11) Return to regular session at 9:25PM. No motions made, no actions taken during executive
12)Motion made by Zeoli/Hellauer to add addendum to the present Kennel Assistant job description
as follows: In the absence of the Lead ACO, the Kennel Assistant will report to the ACO
designated by the Lead ACO. All approved.
13)Motion by Laubstein/Lipson to return to winter schedule daytime hours effective February 27,
2011. All approved.
14)Motion by Zeoli/Laubstein to empower chairperson to sign the engagement letter with Michael J.
Dorney, Esquire. All approved.
15)Meeting adjourned at 9:30PM.
Pamela Andreson Unapproved February 10, 2010