MINUTES OF THE BETHANY INLAND WETLANDS COMMISSION REGULAR MEETING OF MONDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2012 Page 1 of 3
The regular meeting of the Inland Wetlands Commission was called to order at 7:33 p.m. in the Commission Meeting Room of the
, Bethany Town Hall 40 Peck Road, . Bethany, Connecticut
The following members of the Commission were present:
Kristine Sullivan, Vice-Chair seated as Chair
Brian Smith, Member
Lisa Gaw, Member
Roger Hathaway, Member
The following member of the Commission was excused:
Alexandra Breslin, Chair
Also present was:
Isabel Kearns, Inland Wetlands Enforcement Officer
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. It was moved by Hathaway and seconded by Gaw to approve, as submitted, the minutes of the October 22, 2012, Regular Meeting.
Voting were: Sullivan, Gaw, Hathaway.
Smith abstained as he was not present at meeting.
1. Letter from Isabel Kearns, Inland Wetlands Enforcement Officer, to SAP Ventures, LLC, dated November 5, 2012, Re: 63 Sargent Drive, Correction Enforcement Notice.
2. Letter from Isabel Kearns, Inland Wetlands Enforcement Officer, to Mr. and Mrs. Alan Clement, dated November 5, 2012, Re: 290 Amity Road, Second Notice of Violation.
PUBLICATIONS AND WORKSHOPS
1. The Habitat, A newsletter of the Connecticut Association of Conservation and Inland Wetlands Commissions, Inc., Fall 2012.
1. 75 COUNTRY LANE, Application #1096-M-1 submitted by William T. Wirth for an extension of Permit #1096 for a residential site development –
The Commission formally received the application. Present to speak on behalf of this application was William Wirth, applicant and owner of record.
Isabel Kearns, IWEO, stated the applicant would like to renew his original Permit #1096 for a residential site development.
In discussion, Commission members noted:
· Extension is for a residential site development.
· There are no wetlands on the property.
It was moved by Smith and seconded by Hathaway to approve Application #1096-M-1 submitted by William T. Wirth for a residential site development for the extension of Permit #1096 for nine years making the expiration date December 3, 2016.
Voting for: Sullivan, Smith, Gaw, Hathaway.
1. Frances Drive, Tawney Drive cul-de-sac, Knollwood Road, Bethridge Road and Bethmour Road from Woodbridge to Bethany Farms and from Pole Hill Road to Luke Hill Road, Application #1191 submitted by the Town of Bethany to remove and replace catch basins and pipe, reclaim and pave roads –
Present for this application was Attorney Kevin McSherry and Public Works Director, Alan Green.
The Commission stated that they would like to revisit Bethridge Road and Bethmour Road from Woodbridge to Bethany Farms and that they would like Mr. Green present. The Commission scheduled a site visit for Sunday, December 2, 2012. Commission members to meet at the Town Hall parking lot at 9 a.m.
The Commission received a letter of consent to extension of time from First Selectman Derry Gorski, dated November 26, 2012, Re: Application #1191, requesting a 30-day extension to act on said application. Tabled.
2. 185 Beacon Road, Discussion with Daniel Cusano regarding non-permitted barn –
Acting Chair Sullivan stated that she and Chair Breslin, Roman Mrozinski of the Southwest Conservation District and Daniel Cusano, owner of record and his attorney met at the subject property. Mr. Mrozinski has some suggestions and he will submit a report to the Commission.
3. Continuation of Show Cause Hearing regarding Town of Bethany drainage repairs conducted in a regulated area without an Inland Wetlands Permit –
Present for the continuation of the Show Cause Hearing was Attorney Kevin McSherry and Public Works Director, Alan Green.
Attorney McSherry reviewed the letter from the Public Works Director to the Inland Wetlands Commission, dated August 30, 2012, Re: Response to the Cease and Desist Order dated April 17, 2012.
Acting Chair Sullivan reviewed the letter from the Inland Wetlands Commission to the Town of Bethany dated June 4, 2012, Re: Cease and Desist Order (dated April 17, 2012).
The Commission, Mr. Green and Mr. McSherry discussed the work that has been conducted without obtaining an Inland Wetlands Permit and how they can keep the communication line open for future projects. Tabled.
4. Update on appeal submitted by James Woodward for 46 Mesa Drive –
Present for the executive session was Attorney Kevin McSherry and the Inland Wetlands Commission. The Commission entered into executive session at 8:50 p.m. and exited executive session at 9:01 p.m.
The Commission scheduled a Special Meeting/Executive Session with Attorney McSherry for Monday, January 14, 2013, at 7:30 p.m.
5. Discussion in regard to amendments to the Inland Wetlands Regulations per State of CT –
Member Sullivan is working on amendments and will have ready for the Commission’s review at the December 17, 2012 meeting. Tabled.
There being no further business to come before the Commission, it was moved by Smith and seconded by Hathaway to adjourn the regular meeting at 9:09 p.m. Unanimous approval.
Antonia R. Marek, Clerk
for the Inland Wetlands Commission