MINUTES OF THE BETHANY BOARD OF SELECTMEN SPECIAL MEETING OF
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2015
The Special Meeting of the Board of Selectmen on Tuesday, September 15, 2015, was called to order at 6:46 p.m. by First Selectwoman Gorski in the Selectmen’s Conference Room at the Bethany Town Hall.
The following Board members were present:
Derrylyn Gorski, First Selectwoman
Donald Shea, Selectman
Clark Hurlburt, Selectman
Visitors: Fran Doba
It was moved by Shea and seconded by Hurlburt to approve tax refunds in a total amount of $772.95. Unanimous approval.
Waive Lakeview Lodge Fee for Lockets Meadow Farm
It was moved by Hurlburt and seconded by Shea to waive the fee for the use of the Lakeview Lodge located on Beacon Road in Bethany for Lockets Meadow Farm, a nonprofit organization.
Update on Bethany Community School Roof Project
First Selectman Gorski noted the following:
· The Committee wants to move forward on the roof project.
· The Board of Education has not contacted Bond Counsel or Financial Advisor Barry Bernardi.
· Bethany’s Financial Advisor ran some figures for the roof project cost for a six year bank loan.
· Proposed price quote for roof project is $1.25 million, based on estimates from several architects.
· Board of Education hiring new superintendent this week.
· Will forward information to new superintendent as to what the Bond Counsel is looking for and will work together.
Antonia R. Marek