DISTRICT ANIMAL CONTROL
Serving the Towns of Bethany – Orange - Woodbridge
Phone @203) 389-5991
135 Bradley Road
Woodbridge, CT 06525
Approved Minutes for DAC Board Meeting March 12, 2009
Present: James Zeoli, Fred Dray, Cheryl Lipson, Brian Laubstein, DVM, Joan Blaskey, Pamela Andreson, Clerk
Staff: Paul Niedmann, Dottie Bedan
Absent: Joe Hellauer,
1) Meeting was called to order by Chairperson Zeoli at 7:40 PM.
2) Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
3) Roll Call.
4) Public Participation – Bridget Albert and Jeanine Russo were present. Jeanine updated the board on the website. She had asked that Woodbridge and Bethany update their websites, which has not been done. Orange webmaster helped tremendously. Zeoli asked Jeanine to monitor Pet Finder website. Dray asked that Officer King keep Pet Finder page up to date and Jeanine keep DAC page updated.
5) Census – Fred Dray: Four animals were carried over from January. February intake was 6. Three roaming in Woodbridge and 1 dog and 2 cats released to the shelter. February out take was 4 sold as pets, 3 euthanized leaving 3 animals to carry over to March. Thirty-five complaints were investigated.
6) Cat Policy – Brian Laubstein: Cat policy was voted on and accepted at the February meeting.
7) Lead ACO Report – Paul Niedmann: Aida had surgery and is doing well. Van will be registered tomorrow.
8) Minutes – Blaskey/Dray made a motion to accept minutes of February meeting. All in favor.
9) Treasurer’s Report – Joe Hellauer: Checking account has $8,923.41. Money Market account has $36,164.14. Total $45, 087.55. Laubstein would like to see payroll on the check report. A copy of the payroll cover sheet will be included in the check report.
10) Chairman’s Report – James Zeoli:
a) Zeoli asked how new hours are working: Niedmann said new hours working O.K. King did get O.T. because a call came in at 8:16 PM. Too soon to tell how well new hours are working. Dray also mentioned that King will start licensing survey which is required by the State of CT.
b) Hearing for lady with the pitbull: Owner finished fixing the fence, Niedmann feels that if the fence is repaired a hearing is unnecessary. Zeoli asked Niedmann to inspect the fence to be sure fence is complete and dogs cannot escape.
c) Facility hours: The facility will close at 2:30 PM on Saturday. Cuomo comes in on Wednesday and Thursday to assist Mel. On Saturday, she will come in to help Mel and be the ACO. Zeoli feels that the board should consider extending hours that the facility is open on Saturday. Bridget Albert asked if a volunteer could help out when ACO is out on a call. Dottie Bedan and Paul Niedmann concerned about liability.
d) Personnel evaluation form needs to be revamped.
11) Laubstein/Dray made a motion to discuss budget in executive session. Entered executive session at 8:45PM.
Pamela Andreson Approved March 12, 2009