MINUTES OF THE BETHANY ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS REGULAR
MEETING OF MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2012 Page 1 of 3
The regular meeting of the Zoning Board of Appeals was called to order at 7:02 p.m. in the Commission Meeting Room of the Bethany Town Hall, 40 Peck Road, Bethany, Connecticut.
The following Board Members were present:
Carol Goldberg, Chair
Ruth Beardsley, Vice Chair
Steven Massey, Member
Walter Briggs, Member
James Gugliotti, Member
Frances Doba, Alternate Member
Margaret Foley, Alternate Member
The following Board Member was absent or excused:
Lisa Gaw, Alternate Member
It was moved by Beardsley and seconded by Gugliotti to approve, as submitted, the minutes of the August 13, 2012, Regular Meeting.
Voting for: Goldberg, Beardsley, Gugliotti, Doba, Foley.
Massey and Briggs abstained.
It was moved by Gugliotti and seconded by Beardsley to approve the payment of a bill for $95.00, dated September 10, 2012, from Anne Sohon for recording services for the public hearing (121 Amity Road).
Voting for: Goldberg, Beardsley, Briggs, Gugliotti, Massey.
PUBLIC HEARING – 121 AMITY ROAD
Chair Goldberg opened the public hearing for 121 Amity Road at 7:04 p.m.
Chair Goldberg read the legal notice of the public hearing for the application submitted by Andrei Andreichik for 121 Amity Road seeking a certificate of approval for a motor vehicle dealer and repairer.
Chair Goldberg reviewed the procedure that would be followed to conduct the public hearing.
Chair Goldberg noted that the Board received the following item relative to the subject application. Exhibit identification was assigned as noted:
1) Exhibit 1 – Letter from Janine Stevenson, Examiner Specialist, Dealers and Repairs Department, State of Connecticut, submitted September 10, 2012, Re: Search regarding used car dealers licenses from 117 to 127 Amity Road, Bethany.
Present to speak on behalf of the application was Andrei Andreichik, applicant.
Mr. Andreichik noted the following:
• In the past he has worked for used car dealers and would like to obtain his own license.
• Would like to start selling with 4 or 5 cars.
• Will be renting space from the property owner, Earl Sickinger.
• Will repair only the cars that are going to be sold.
In discussion, Board members noted:
• All members stated they visited or are familiar with the subject property.
• That the letter from State of Connecticut, Department of Motor Vehicles (Exhibit 1) states that a used dealers license allows both sales and repairs of vehicles to be done.
Chair Goldberg asked if there were any public members who would like to speak in favor of the application. There were no comments.
Chair Goldberg asked if there were any public members who would like to speak in opposition of the application. There were no comments.
There being no further discussion, at 7:19 p.m. Chair Goldberg closed the public hearing on the subject application.
DELIBERATION AND DECISION MAKING SESSION
Board members further discussed the application and proceeded to deliberate.
121 Amity Road
It was moved by Beardsley and seconded by Gugliotti that the Zoning Board of Appeals approves the application of Andrei Andreichik for the property located at 121 Amity Road and shown on Assessor’s Map #113, Lot #68 for location approval for a motor vehicle dealer.
Based upon the evidence presented at the public hearing and the facts revealed by the Board’s general acquaintance with the Town and with the general locality of the subject property, the Board makes the following findings having given due consideration to the proposed location of the proposed business in reference to the following:
1. The record supports issuing the Certificate of Location approval.
2. The record before the Board demonstrates that the location is suitable for the business intended.
Vote 5 to 0.
Voting for: Goldberg, Beardsley, Gugliotti, Gaw, Foley.
It was moved by Massey and seconded by Beardsley to adjourn the regular meeting at 7:27 p.m. Unanimous approval.
Antonia R. Marek, Clerk
For the Zoning Board of Appeals