MINUTES OF THE SOLID WASTE AND RECYCLING COMMITTEE MEETING OF WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2013 Page 1 of 2
The meeting of the Solid Waste and Recycling Committee commenced at 7:02 p.m. in the Commission Meeting Room of the
, Bethany Town
Hall . 40
Peck Road, Bethany, Connecticut
The following Committee members were present:
Bruce Loomis, Chairman
Chair Loomis stated that First Selectman Gorski is arranging an appointment with Covanta.
Chair Loomis and Members McDonnell and Stoltman will be attending a workshop next week regarding grants.
Some topics of discussion were:
· Posting an article periodically in Bethany Bulletin on topics of recycling.
· Rid Litter Day – make a Boy Scout project.
· Harvest Fair and Senior Health Fair – make displays about recycling.
· Talk to
– recycling kid of the week. Bethany
· Committee needs to get involved to Town events to make sure recycling is done.
The following are tasks that were handed out:
· Member Shea will look into single stream trash pickup. Check Prospect.
· Member Ryker will look into the State providing recycling bins for Town Special Events.
· Member Goldberg will communicate with First Selectman Gorski regarding the handling of money at the recycling center and charging for mattress drop off at bulky waste.
· Member McDonnell will communicate to Boy Scouts regarding handling of plastic bags from
on Saturday November 16, 2013.
· Member Frieden will research the Town of
Cheshire regarding the handling of their curbside trash
· Member Pecca will research the Town of
Orange regarding their single stream pickup.
Members to report back at the next scheduled meeting.
The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, December 11, 2013, at 7:00 p.m.
There being no further discussion, the meeting was adjourned at 8:45 p.m.
Antonia R. Marek, Staff Support
For the Solid Waste and Recycling Committee