DISTRICT ANIMAL CONTROL
Serving the Towns of Bethany – Orange - Woodbridge
Phone @203) 389-5991
135 Bradley Road
Woodbridge, CT 06525
Unapproved Minutes for DAC Board Meeting June 9, 2011
Present: Joan Blaskey, Brian Laubstein, DVM, James Zeoli, Cheryl Lipson, Fred Dray, Pamela
Absent: Joseph Hellauer
Staff: Paul Niedmann, Karen Lombardi
1) Meeting was called to order by Chairperson Blaskey at 7:40 PM.
2) Pledge Of Allegiance was recited.
3) Public Participation: No public.
4) Review and approval of May 18, 2011 minutes: Motion by Zeoli/Lipson to approve minutes.
Four approved, one abstained.
5) Treasurer's Report – A copy of the financial report was handed out. Motion by Laubstein/Dray
to accept treasurer's report. All approved.
6) Boy Scout project is in process. Dray has volunteered to help coordinate the project. They do
not need help at this time. They need to get approval from the First Selectman of Woodbridge.
7) Census – Paul Niedmann: For the month of May, eighteen animals were redeemed, 13 sold as
pets, 0 DOA, 0 euthanized. Bethany had 9 dogs, 1 cat and 37 calls, 11 required response.
Woodbridge had 5 dogs, 3 cats, 28 calls required response. Orange had 3 dogs, 10 cats, and 40
calls required response. There were 125 visits to the facility. In Orange 9 ducklings were
rescued from a storm drain. Niedmann and Lombardi went to Turkey Hill School to receive a
large donation from the student council. A dog from Hamden bit someone at Veterans Memorial
park in Bethany. The women who got bit, started rabies treatment. When it was determined that
the dog was vaccinated for rabies, the woman discontinued rabies treatment. There are 2 dogs
from Hamden in the facility because Hamden facility is full.
8) Chairperson's Report – Joan Blaskey: Niedmann has 22 vacation days, 17 sick days and 3
personal days. Motion by Zeoli/Laubstein that at the close of business on June 30, 2011
whatever days Neidmann has accumulated be paid to him. All approved. A letter should be sent
to Dorso, asking him to return his badge, keys and uniforms and personal equipment to DAC.
Locks should be changed at the facility. Lombardi asked how calls from Orange should be
handled. Zeoli told her to refer callers to Milford. Zeoli is planning to publicize new
relationship with Milford.
9) Motion to adjourn by Zeoli/Dray at 8:12 PM. All approved.
10) The board and staff thanked each other.
11)Meeting adjourned 8:18 PM.
Pamela Andreson Unapproved June 9, 2011